The range of options available in Vienna for being able to eat well after midnight is as diverse as the wishes of the night owls: coffee house, trendy establishment, exotic restaurant or the typical sausage stand. Here 8 top place for late eaters like the Spaniards.
- In Vienna, the area around Naschmarkt and the neighboring districts form the hotspots of late cuisine. The legendary Café Drechsler was stylishly redesigned by top British designer, Sir Terence Conran. What remains is a wonderful meeting place with Viennese dishes and excellent coffee; food is available in the Drechsler until 1 am on the weekend.
- Also located on the Naschmarkt, the ON Market offers wonderful South Asian cuisine until 1.00 am. The best thing here is to combine the numerous small dishes with each other. In addition to really good cuisine, the ON Market also serves refreshingly different cocktails. A special tip for night owls.
- A bit further on is Motto. International stars like to mingle here amongst the colorful folk of the “Motto guests”. The emphasis here is on coziness, even if the furnishings appear a little feudal and opulent. The menu is also worth a look: The food ranges from Viennese specialties such as Schinkenfleckerl through to Asian fusion cuisine.
- Right in the vicinity is the cultish Restaurant Beograd. It’s the place to come at 1.00 am for hearty specialties from Serbia, which offer a good basis for a long night. Those who prefer Wiener Schnitzel will also get their money’s worth at the Beograd.
- A legendary meeting place for a quick bite at night is Café Europa in the 7th district – and has been since the 1980s. The establishment is always well frequented, no matter what the time of day. The classic on the menu here is the beef tartare.
- The trendy establishment Die Wäscherei in the 8th district offers hot food until 1.00 am. The menu has international classics from the wok to the burger. There’s something to suit every taste.
- The 1516 Brewing Company serves hot food daily until 2 am. The restaurant, which is actually known for its many varieties of beer, has cuisine in the style of an American diner on its menu: from chicken wings to spare ribs and burgers.
- Last, but not least, Vienna’s sausage stands provide energy for hungry night owls.